There are some design studios and interior designers that I will constantly look up for their latest projects because they are always so fabulous. One of them has got to be Ganna Studio 甘納設計 from Taiwan. Ganna Studio is helmed by designer couple Lin Shih-Jie and Chen Ting-Liang. They have a very distinctly stylish contemporary take on design, and their work has always feel original and full of surprises. In this and the next post, I’m going to share their 2 of their recent projects which I really like. This is the Chorus project, an amazing transformation of a 30-year old building into a modern, boutique hotel style home for a family of 4.
- Above: The original partitions at the first floor were removed, to create one large open space for the communal area. The focal point of this floor is definitely the large kitchen and the long dining tables extended from the island, with a mix designer chairs in all shades of pink and red. This is the heart of the home where the family gathers most of the time.
- Above: To create a more streamlined look, large panels of kitchen cabinets are built for storage and to house the kitchen appliances. The connecting wall of the kitchen cabinets was done in a cement wall finishing to mimic the colour of the cabinets. The 2 opening doors are actually the entrance to toilets at this floor.
- Above: The pink armoire is an old piece of furniture retained from the previous home, and given a new life with this vibrant pink colour.
- Above: Instead of the conventional media unit or condole, the TV was placed in front of a large wall of bookshelves that hold the collection of books from the couple.
- Above: A very creative use of colour glass panes for the staircase window, another nice design touch in this apartment.
- Above: The master bedroom is primarily in white with a lavender shade as accent colour.
- Above: The walk-in wardrobe and en-suite of the master bedroom.
- Above: The 2 daughters are sharing a bedroom, and they have this very sweet white and pink the walk-in closet. How lucky!
Images via Home Adore and Searchome
2 thoughts on “Ganna Design 甘納設計 | A Family Home With A Boutique Hotel Vibe in Taipei”
The design is very cool kind of layout or the lighting is unbelievably precise so well in our color selection really amazed to see the design you created. What we question is whether the material you use also already exist in Indonesia …?